Tuesday 5 August 2008

Babies & Betrayals


You know those dreams that are just so so personal, they can be fantastic and you just want to go straight back into them once you've woken..or they're simply haunting? Boy did I have one of those dreams lat night.

All I can remember is my family crowding around me making a fuss, and I was holding a tiny baby. I was aware of somebody I loved dearly by my side and I felt like I'd never been happier in my life. The baby was small girl and as I gave the baby to a member of my family I saw myself in her, recognized a part of me and suddenly I hated that baby. That little innocent baby was just like me and I did not like her. But everybody else seemed to love her and I picked her back up, and really looked at her and she smiled. And my anxiety about her being me seemed to fade and I felt a motherly bond, a need to protect this small girl. And she smiled at me, and laughed as a baby does. It was truly beautiful...

Then, the babies father (the man who had been at my side) cheated on me. Now I know you can pick up emotions in dreams but NEVER have I felt such a hopeless and sad feeling as I did in that dream. I was truly heart broken and felt so betrayed that it just consumed me. That is all I really remember about the dream and I can totally relate to how it fits into my subconscious. I can only hope that such an intense dream signifies I'm moving forward with my life..

1 comment:

derick said...

hello,
there is a part of yourself which you have not come to terms with.
when the baby was held by someone else---let go and surrender the past hurts and negative emotions.
you have the opportunity by standing at the crossroads and the choice that you make ultimately resides with you.
you either choose to be a victim of circumstance or you take charge , be assertive and start to shape your own destiny by your own hand.
i wish you the best of luck and enjoy the camping trip coming up--a chance to reconnect..
take care
derick