Monday 4 August 2008

Online relations?


I know there is a huge stigma regarding online relationships, and I'd be the first to admit I'm amongst the population who regard online relationships as fads. That is of course, after seeing my share of friends talk to somebody for a whole day via msn or a chat room and get engaged then cry when they meet and it doesn't work out. It leaves my feeling about the whole thing somewhat skeptic.

Sooo, this is where my dilemma arises. I have been talking with somebody on Msn for about 7 years now. I adore talking to him and he has been a huge support (especially in the earlier years of my life), and I think about him ALOT. I've never met him because I've no confidence and to add somebody I hold in such high regard to the list of 'Those who rejected me' would really knock me. But lately I have been feeling miserable with confusion because I want to meet him so much, but that slight fear of rejection or awkwardness makes it seem less worthwhile.

I could meet him and we could be amazing friends, or maybe more. Or I could meet him, both of us feel akward and having nothing to say. Or thirdly; He thinks I belong in a nuthouse and hates my guts. I have told him all of this, because he is coming to the Uk in December and is expecting to meet me then. He says he is just as scared, but I really don't know what to do :( A valid point is I might have nothing to lose, but in this case I'll lose my dignity and a very supportive online friend.

2 comments:

jamie said...

You just commented me about Harry Potter. So, hello!

I say go for it. Just try not to have very high expectations because I think that people act much differently on the web than in real life. Just be yourself and I'm sure everything will be fine!

Andhari said...

heyyyy..i said go ahead meet him :) really youd be very curious if u dont, its gonna be okay :)