Thursday 7 August 2008

Gap year grumbles



 Seriously, do any of you have any idea JUST how much it costs to volunteer abroad with charity work? I know it isn't cheap to travel as it is, but checking out my gap year options is incredible, it feels like I'll be worrying about my pension by the time I gain enough money to volunteer. 

Anyway, I just opened an ISA in the hopes that will kinda help. I really need to get away from here for a while and experience some freedom and enlightenment, but it's going to be about next August before I'll be able to afford anything. So on with studies and work for now.

If I can't volunteer I'm going to just look into cheap travel to countries and maybe go from there. I'd really like to start out with Thailand, and go from there. Has anybody done volunteer work before, or would love to go somewhere they haven't been yet?

1 comment:

Thinkinfyou said...

I think that's a beautiful thing that you want to volunteer in another country,but I don't know how people do it financially either. Maybe you could look into getting a grant to help out with expenses.